For over 20 years, we have been serving the North American commercial greenhouse and horticulture industries. Our specialties include Touchscreen Environmental Controls, Rack & Pinion Motors, Curtain Motors, Natural Ventilation, and Heating.
Do you thrive when working as a member of a team? Are you a hardworking, accountable individual looking to collaborate with others who share the same core values? If so, this is your opportunity! Advancing Alternatives is devoted to continuous innovation and happily accepts those who desire to learn and grow in the greenhouse industry. Apply now to become part of our team!
As Technical Inside Sales/Customer Service, you will build and maintain business relationships with clients by providing prompt and accurate service to promote customer loyalty. You will be the first point of customer contact for general inquiries like tech support, pricing, products, scheduling etc. Ensuring delivery of excellent customer service through fast and accurate processing of orders, communication, and coordinating with other departments to resolve inquiries.
Primary Objective of Position: Seeking a self-managed individual responsible for answering phones, timely processing of quotes, order entries, confirming orders, invoicing orders, tracking shipments, and processing first-level technical support.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Answer incoming phone calls, provide courteous, professional assistance, or redirect to the proper associate.
- Order entry into Sage 50 Accounting: Verbal, electronic, paper
- First-level technical support via video & documentation (electrical aptitude a bonus).
- Verifies and confirms customer orders and delivery expectations.
- Confirms the accuracy of orders shipped and performs the invoicing of completed orders.
- Quote product and freight costs according to company policy and price lists.
- Tracks order exceptions and maintains open lines of communication with customers.
- Coordinates all routine aspects of customer orders, requests, and inquiries.
- Maintain a positive Advancing Alternatives image with customers and business associates.
- Achieve prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints and problems.
- Active listening is our number one requirement.
- Displays effective interpersonal & communication skills, both orally and written (internal/external).
- Seeking professional, friendly communication and cooperation within our organization.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Advancing Alternatives products and their applications.
- Exercise sound business judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Acquire and maintain a knowledge of competitive products’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Acquire the self-discipline necessary to work effectively and consistently with limited supervision.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of basic troubleshooting procedures for Advancing Alternatives products.
- Identifies and uses internal resources as needed to complete tasks.
- Is receptive/flexible/adaptable to change while supporting team goals.
- Develop an understanding of competitors and their services.
Qualifications: Customer service, technical support, and customer solutions experience with strong communication skills, interest in technical sales, and professional appearance.
Experience: Customer service and sales training preferred, fluent in Microsoft Suite and PC-based programs.
Education: High School or Vo-Tech
Physical Demands: lifting up to 50 pounds when processing returns
Salary: $50,000 – $70,000 (based on experience and qualifications)