For over 20 years, we have been serving the North American commercial greenhouse and horticulture industries. Our specialties include Touchscreen Environmental Controls, Rack & Pinion Motors, Curtain Motors, Natural Ventilation, and Heating.
Do you thrive when working as a member of a team? Are you a hardworking, accountable individual looking to collaborate with others who share the same core values? If so, this is your opportunity! Advancing Alternatives is devoted to continuous innovation and happily accepts those who desire to learn and grow in the greenhouse industry. Apply now to become part of our team!
As a Technical Sales Representative, you will professionally represent the company in promoting, selling, and supporting our Environmental Control and Ventilation Solutions to a wide variety of agriculture and horticulture accounts throughout North America. We are looking for a self-starter with the ability and drive to establish and maintain account relationships, achieve sales and performance goals, and develop and maintain a prospective customer list.
Primary Objective of Position: Under moderate supervision, responsible for generating a sales volume at or above assigned quotas and at organizationally desired gross margins.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Sell company products to new prospects and existing customers while complying with company policies and pricing.
- Effectively communicate status or act as coordinator on major sales projects.
- Accurately forecast territory and account bookings in dollars for month and quarter.
- Promote Advancing Alternatives at national industry trade shows.
- Maintain cognizance of competitive activity in product lines, changes in marketing philosophy or techniques, and general trends in market conditions that could affect the sale of Advancing Alternatives products and inform management on those trends.
- Service existing accounts and constantly strive to increase market share.
- Maintain and increase sales volume with established accounts and aggressively seek new customers by formulating and following planned sales strategies and company marketing programs to ensure optimum profitable sales penetration in assigned territory.
- Seek new uses and applications for Advancing Alternatives products with present and prospective customers.
- Assist with the development of environmental controls and ventilation solutions based on feedback from clients.
- Maintain knowledge of customer projects and program schedules related to the use of our products to ensure that these projects are pursued in a timely manner.
- Understand customer’s organizational structure and develop rapport with all areas that influence decisions on the use and purchase of our products.
- Develop and maintain a positive business relationship with key buying influences within the North American markets.
- Maintain a positive Advancing Alternatives image with customers and business associates.
- Analyze customer specifications and requirements for suitability with our products.
- Achieve prompt, mutually satisfactory solutions to customer complaints and problems.
- Communicate effectively inter- and intra-regional business activity through written or oral communications.
- Prepare a variety of reports and statistical information concerning expenses, forecasts, sales calls, contracts, and other events that may require direction from the COO or the CEO.
- Communicate any competitive activity and installed account activity, as well as new market and new product opportunities to management.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of Advancing Alternatives products and their applications.
- Exercise sound business judgment in all areas of responsibility.
- Acquire and maintain a knowledgebase of competitive products’ strengths and weaknesses.
- Acquire the self-discipline necessary to work effectively and consistently with limited supervision.
- Acquire administrative and organizational skills to submit complete reports to management in a timely manner.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of basic troubleshooting procedures for Advancing Alternatives products.
Qualifications: Strong communication skills, interest in technical sales, and professional appearance.
Experience: One year of related experience, preferably sales in industrial controls, PLCs, and other electromechanical processes.
Education: Prefer industry experience, engineering, or related technical field.
Physical Demands: N/A
We offer competitive compensation packages. Join our dynamic team and take your career in sales to the next level!
Note: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. The employee may be required to perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Salary: $90,000 – $150,000 (based on experience and qualifications)
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus opportunities
- Commission pay