We are truly committed to serving the growing needs of our customers. While making a profit when we can, taking a loss when we must, and all the while working for the glorious Kingdom of Christ.
Code of Conduct
Advancing Alternatives’ Code of Conduct provides guidance to ensure we meet our standard for doing business the “right” way, thus ensuring that our customers understand that they can believe what we say, and trust what we do. The following six “Cs” are the foundation for our Code of Conduct:
- Caring – We care about each other, our customers, our consumers, and our stakeholders. A company thrives when it pleases its employees, its partners/suppliers and its customers. At Advancing Alternatives, we strive to do just that. We try to do the right thing, every time.
- Candor – We listen, we “say it in the room,” and we assume positive intent. We are ethical and honest. You can take us at our word and trust that what we say is true. We believe a company is only as good as the promises it keeps.
- Creativity – We encourage responsible innovation with impact.
- Conscientious – Should we make a mistake, we will quickly take action to resolve the issue.
- Collaboration – We are interdependent, and we embrace our diversity. We treat people with respect, decency and dignity.
- Committed to:
- Honoring the Lord in all we do by operating the company in a manner consistent with Biblical principles.
- We know our business and outperform expectations, while keeping it simple.
- Offering our customers exceptional selection and value.
- Serving our employees and their families by establishing a work environment and company policies that build character, strengthen individuals, and nurture families.
- Providing a return on the family’s investment, sharing the Lord’s blessings with our employees, and investing in our community.
Our success is driven only by the satisfaction and approval of our customers. If our customers aren’t happy, we’re not happy. How we go about getting happy customers is simple. Treat them well – respect them – be honest – respond quickly – be open and accessible. Treating customers well is the path towards increased customer loyalty and business success. Our primary mission is to provide the best customer service while providing our customers with superior value, quality products and technical expertise.
Mutually beneficial relationships with customers, suppliers and the community are essential. Ethical behavior at its highest standards are followed in all aspects of our business. Suppliers, specifically, are recognized as an extension of our team. We also support and encourage community involvement – going out of our way to help others and give back.
Quality is everyone’s responsibility; whether it be writing a simple email, to developing a custom greenhouse structure, we strive to be error-free in all we do. Being human, we know that we are not perfect. Therefore, we take responsibility should we make an error and jump into action to resolve the problem with expediency.
At Advancing Alternatives we believe in sustaining positive employee relations by maintaining an ‘open-door’ policy that fosters mutual respect and consideration in the workplace. We have a very capable and efficient team of hard-working, dedicated individuals all of whom have a sense of ownership and perform best when they feel included. We value the time, skills, and expert opinions of our staff and are committed to providing fair and living wages, reasonable, structured work schedules, training, and clear responsibilities for each team member. We do not expect staff to do work for which they are not trained; we do expect them to share their suggestions for improving any aspect of Advancing Alternatives’ operations. Strengthening this relationship pays off in terms of productivity, profitability, and our business reputation.
Confidential and Proprietary Information
Integral to Advancing Alternatives’ business success is the protection of confidential company information, as well as nonpublic information entrusted to us by our employees, customers and other business partners. Confidential and proprietary information includes such things as pricing and financial data, customer names/addresses or nonpublic information about other companies. We will not disclose confidential and nonpublic information without a valid business purpose and proper authorization.
Each member of Advancing Alternatives’ staff is responsible for knowing and adhering to the values and standards set forth in this Code of Conduct, and for raising questions if uncertain about company policy. Transition to a workplace consistent with these value and principles takes time, patience and ongoing participation from all of us, but with teamwork and perseverance – we succeed.